From: Bill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 7:46 AM
To: tomcat-user
Subject: Question from a newbie on running a web application

Hi,
I just installed Tomcat 4.1 and tried my web application.  But, ran into an
exception which I have tried to resolved for most of the day, without any
success.

This is the steps I used:
1.  copied the application jar files to %CATALINA_HOME%\shared\lib
2.  copied the war file to %CATALINA_HOME%\webapps

When tomcat started, the war file expanded into the subdirectories
correctly.  However, once I started to run the web application, I got the
following exception.  A couple of questions came out of this:

1.  Why do some of the class have "Unkknown Source"?
2.  The not-found class,  javax.security.auth.SubjectDomainCombiner, belongs
to Sun's jaas.jar, which is in the shared\lib directory.  This jar also
contains the class, javax.security.auth.Subject, which is the class before
the not-found class in the exception...this doesn't make much sense to
me...how can a class being called by another class in the same jar be
not-found?

I also moved the jaas.jar to other lib's, e.g. \common\lib, with the same
error.

Did I miss something?

Pls help...thnx,
Bill

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.SecurityException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.security.auth.SubjectDomainCombiner
at javax.security.auth.Subject.(Subject.java:170)
at com.tad.security.core.logon.imp.LoginContext.personalizeRequest(Unknown
Source)
at com.tad.security.core.logon.imp.JUMAuthenticator.logon(Unknown Source)
at com.tad.security.core.tadmimp.logon.TADLogonServlet.doLogon(Unknown
Source)
at
com.tad.security.core.tadmimp.logon.TADLogonServlet.uidPasswordLogon(Unknown
Source)
at com.tad.security.core.tadmimp.logon.TADLogonServlet.doPost(Unknown
Source)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:1145)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:1264)
at
FilterChain.java:247)
at
ain.java:193)
at
va:260)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at
va:191)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2397)
at
)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
java:170)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:171
)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at
:174)
at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:405)
at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:380)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:508)
at
a:533)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)