From: Ralph Einfeldt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 2:55 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: AW: How to write a servlet that handle request for .xml
documents

Wether doGet() or doPost() is called depends on the kind
of request that is sent to tomcat, not on the file type.

If tomcat receives a GET-request doGet() is called, if
tomcat receives a POST-request doPost() is called.

If the client is a browser, all href, src attributes and
forms with method="get" are GET-requests. Only forms with
method="post" are POST-request.

Other clients can choose arbitrary methods to do requests.

This is basic knowledge before you even can start to write
servlets and this list isn't the platform for this kind of
questions.