Yeah, running Tomcat in Standalone mode, it works fine with Apache.
It is just the connectors that are an issue.  They do have a port
for mod_jk, but it is old.  I emailed the maintainer, but no response.
I also tried the linux binaries, but, to no avail....

I am on the freebsd-java mailing list, perhaps I should just ask them.
But the real problem right now is not java-related. I can't get mod_jk2.so
to even build.

Malachi