Register a context listener and free the timer in it.

-----Original Message-----
From: gautam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 09 October, 2002 9:53 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Using Non-Servlet Timers (Was - I need to run a servlet
periodically)

Hello,

We are using java.util.Timer objects to periodically run through a few
object caches and get rid of stale items. Everything works fine. However, I
can no longer stop Tomcat using the "Catalina.bat stop" command. I suspect
that the Timer objects are still alive and are the cause of the problem. Any
ideas on how to fix this ?

The objects we schedule via the timers are not Servlets. They are plain
vanilla Java classes.

Regards,

Gautam Satpathy