I'm running Red Hat Linux 7.1, Apache 1.3, Tomcat 4.1.12, and i'm connecting
with mod_jk.  I have several virtual hosts in apache, some that use tomcat, and
others that do not.  the problem is that when I check the mod_jk log file, it
shows that the module is trying to map every single request that comes in from
apache, even from the vhosts that have no Jk directives.  obviously most of
them fail, but the only places I have the JkMount directive are in the
VirtualHosts that actually need them (in httpd.conf).  Everything is working
properly, i.e. servlets and JSPs load and run appropriately, but i'm afraid
that given enough time, once traffic starts picking up, too many requests will
be unnecessarily sent to mod_jk.  Is this just the way mod_jk behaves?  if so,
won't it hinder performance if there is too much traffic?  it not, does anyone
know what might be wrong and what i might be able to do to solve it?

I greatly appreciate any help that is given.

Thanks,
-Drew

Here are the relevant parts of my config files:

--- server.xml ---
<Host name="www.domain1.com"
      appBase="/var/www/vhosts/www.domain1.com/webapps"
      debug="0">
  <Context docBase="/var/www/vhosts/www.domain1.com/httpdocs"
           path=""
           debug="0">
  </Context>
</Host>

<Host name="www.domain2.com"
      appBase="/var/www/vhosts/www.domain2.com/webapps"
      debug="0">
  <Context docBase="/var/www/vhosts/www.domain2.com/httpdocs"
           path=""
           debug="0">
  </Context>
</Host>

--- httpd.conf ---

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
AddModule mod_jk.c
JkWorkersFile /var/tomcat4/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile /var/tomcat4/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel debug

<VirtualHost 11.22.33.44:80>
  ServerName      www.domain1.com