Like Tomcat4, Tomcat 3.3's startup scripts ignore
your CLASSPATH.  Tomcat 3.2.x's use of the CLASSPATH
was one of the top sources of problems.

For important differences upgrading from Tomcat 3.2.x
to Tomcat 3.3.x, see:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/readme>

For how to configure classes in Tomcat 3.3.x, see:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-ug.html#configuring_classes>

HTH,
Larry