Same thing for me too, but it was a server.xml file
which had a syntax error.  Check tomcats logs in the
log directory.

--- Rafael Gonçalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Fernando,
>    The same happened to me when i made a change in
> the
> tomcat-user.xml file. The problem was that the xml
> sintaxe was wrong. Have you made any change in a xml
> file?
>
> I hope this will help.
>
> rafiros
>
>  --- "Ing. Fernando Zapata" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> escreveu: > I have installed Jakarta Tomcat as a
> Service on W2K,
> > the configuration seems to be right, but when I
> > start the service, it stops inmediatelly.
> > I'm working under Java 2 SDK 1.4.
> > Thanks in advanced.
> >
> > Ing. Fernando Zapata

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> <mailto:tomcat-user-help@;jakarta.apache.org>

=====
Michael Finney
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform
Sun Certified Web Component Developer for J2EE Platform
Cofounder of PPJDG
Cofounder of cosAgile - Colorado Springs XP Users Group
If replying to this email address fails, try [EMAIL PROTECTED]