I think(?) it should go to the {CATALINA_HOME}/webapps directory.

Bryan Dollery wrote:

Hi,

Tomcat 4.1.12 question:

1. Install and Deploy manager functions - what's the difference?

The documents mention something about deploy copying and install not doing
so, but I can't find any more information on this. I've looked back through
this list's archives and can't find any other mention of the difference.

2. How does tomcat handle manager deployed files?

If I deploy (manager deploy) a simple war file, with a single html page
linking to a simple hello-world servlet it works fine. But, I don't know
what tomcat is doing with the contents of the war.

I can see that the war itself is copied to the manager work directory, and
that the class files are unpacked. However, the html file, and the web.xml
file don't get unpacked. Does tomcat access these directly from the war,
and if so does it cache them?

Thanks for any answers you can provide.

Cheers,

Bryan