On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Curt LeCaptain wrote:

> Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:20:45 -0500
> From: Curt LeCaptain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Virtual Hosts
>
> Question about appBase...
>

> What exactly would I set that to?
>
> I've got dev.infinity-tech.com as what I want for my website... I want
> everything served out of /www/docs/dev.infinity-tech.com/
>
> Is that what I would set as my appBase?

Yes.  The appBase value can be either an absolute path or a relative path
-- if it's relative, it's resolved against $CATALINA_HOME.

> Also, I'm a bit shaky on what the ROOT context is.

It's the context that is used if the URL doesn't have a prefix that
matches the context path for any other web application.  Essentially, it's
a webapp with a context path of "" (zero length string) -- but that's not
a legal directory name on most operating systems, so there is explicit
code in Tomcat to use ROOT instead.

> Curt L

Craig