I'm experiencing a weird delay when downloading a .jar file in Tomcat
4.1.12. I have an unremarkable 56K .jar file which downloads from 4.1.12
only after a noticeable delay, whereas under 4.0.6 it's almost
instantaneous.

I did a test with the same JAR file copied to the examples folder of a clean
installation of 4.1.12, vs. a clean installation of 4.0.6 (in both cases
from the .exe-based distributions) . I then called up

http://localhost:8080/examples/some_stuff.jar

and find that for some reason on 4.1.12, there's always a several-second
delay before the file starts to download.

Environment is Win2K, Sun JDK1.3.1_02. Both tests (4.0.6 and 4.1.12) were
carried out on the same machine. Tomcat was installed as an NT service in
each case.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Vinay Sajip