From: Nalini [mailto:nalinisp@;yahoo.com]
Sent: 28 October, 2002 11:54 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: tomcat 4.1.12 not starting- exception

Hi,

I have installed jdk1.3.1_04 and made JAVA_HOME point
to the jdk home =
directory.
Then I have down loaded the release version of tomcat
4.1.12 and unzipped =
it. When I tried to start tomcat from the
tomcathome\bin directory using =
the startup command , I get the following error.

Using CATALINA_BASE:
C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12-LE-jdk14
Using CATALINA_HOME:
C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12-LE-jdk14
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR:
C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12-LE-jdk14\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\jdk1.3.1_04
Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/Inpu=
tSour
ce
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:179)

Could someone help me fix this error.

--- Robert L Sowders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Here is a nice article that might help with
clustering.

http://www2.theserverside.com/resources/article.jsp?l=Tomcat

rls

Bernd Koecke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>