OK, but I still have some servlets that have to communicate using
HttpSession setting and getting objects between them.  So if on each call
to different servlets I obtain a new session, then I loose the objects
contained in the session.

So reading your answer I think that the problem is to who belongs the
session id.  Does it belongs to the machine that is browsing? I mean: the
IP address? I don't think so because in multiple text sessions of the same
linux machine, browsing from each the same servlet, I obtain different
sessions.  Does it belongs to the user?  which user?  windows user?  linux
user? other OS users?  No, the same user on different linux sessions, gets
different HttpSession.  So I have to think that depends on the
OS.  E.g. on linux it depends on the linux session.  I'd like to bypass
this behavior opening a session each time a user opens a browser.  I
think I have to rescue a browser window id or something like that from
the HttpServletRequest.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mauro

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Ralph Einfeldt wrote:

> It's quite simple.
>
> Whenever a request reaches tomcat that contains no
> session id (url or cookie) or a session id that
> doesn't belongs to a active session, tomcat creates
> a new session.
>
> To do what you want you have to disable cookies
> in tomcat. This way you will get a new session
> whenever a new window is opened and the url that
> is used for the window contains no session id.
>
> Ralph Einfeldt
> Uptime Internet Solution Center GmbH
> Hamburg, Germany
> Hosting, Content Management, Java Consulting
> http://www.uptime-isc.de

Ing.Mauro Daniel Ardolino
Departamento de Desarrollo y Servicios
Altersoft