Hello,
I'm new to Servlet programming and need help in starting to develop
servlets.
I have downloaded jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6. Once installed, it's installed as
C:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0
Now, I have a development environment of my own, where I write and compile
my Java files.. Like, C:\servlet\examples\HelloWorld.java
After providing the servlet.jar file in my CLASSPATH, and compiling
HelloWorld.java, I got HelloWorld.class. Now, where do I move this class
file to view it as http://localhost/servlet/HelloWorld??

I copied the classfile to C:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat
4.0\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes, where classes dir was created by me and
class files copied there.

Now, starting the Tomcat Webserver, I try opening this in Internet Explorer
as http://localhost/servlet/HelloWorld, I get the webpage error as:
Apache Tomcat/4.0.6 - HTTP Status 404 - /servlet/HelloWorld

type Status report

message /servlet/HelloWorld

description The requested resource (/servlet/HelloWorld) is not available.

What am I missing? I've thoroughly followed
http://www.moreservlets.com/Using-Tomcat-4.html, need help at the earliest.
Thank you.
Raghava