Thanks Robert,

That almost did the trick. With the path set up correctly then Tomcat seemed to init OK but still had errors in connecting. To finally get it to work I found that I needed to explicitly state channelSocket.port=8009 in the jk2.properties. For the classpath I defined it using the $(TOMCAT_HOME) variable to keep things as adaptive as possible and it worked fine.

I must say that your document was invaluable in getting this to work -- it should be included in the "official" Tomcat docs (IMHO).

Kind regards,

Mike

Robert L Sowders wrote:

Don't know why but the classpath lines in the new workers2.properties file has changed. I tried the old method and it works again. Don't know why it pitched a fit. Perhaps it needs to be quoted or something.

To fix it just replace both class path lines in the [VM] section of workers2.properties with the following.

OPT=-Djava.class.path=c:/Tomcat/bin/tomcat-jni.jar;c:/Tomcat/server/lib/commons-logging.jar

Sorry for the confusion.

rls

"M. Hockings" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
10/30/2002 07:59 PM
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc: Subject: Re: need help connecting Tomcat 4.1.12, Apache 2.0.43 using jk2 ( mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll)

Hi Newbie,

In the workers2.properties it is ${TOMCAT_HOME}/bin/tomcat-jni.jar. I've tried hard-coding it with forward slashes but the result was the same. There is probably something very simple that I'm overlooking.

Thanks,

Mike

Tomcat Newbie wrote:

How about the slashes in your path?

C:\ApacheGroup\Tomcat4.1/bin/tomcat-jni.jar
^^^