From: "August Detlefsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, 27 February, 2002 4:06 AM
Subject: Re: J2EE, JSP, SERVLETS

There are a couple of reasons to pick JSP. I usually
tell bosses
that
we use java because it is easy to replicate across
multiple hardware
as
the demand for the app grows (They love thinking about
growing
demand).

Security is an issue too, especially with M$ products
(not sure
about
PHP). How many viruses have we seen in the past few
years effecting
IIS, Exchange and NT?

There are some good whitepapers comparing JSP to other
technologies
on
the JavaSoft site. here's one:

Comparing Methods For Server-Side Dynamic Content
White Paper
http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jspservlet.html

Decisions, Decisions: J2EETM vs. .NET
http://www.theserverside.com/resources/article.jsp?l=J2EE-vs-DOTNET

--- hanasaki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What are your boss' looking for?  What motivates
them?

> Keith Ng wrote:
> > nono
> > dun get me wrong
> > im currently doing a J2EE project based on
> > servlets/jsp/javamail/jdbc/possibly EJB(low
possibility)
> > there are 2 things i need to do.
> >
> > 1)i need to noe if i ve been missing out on some
of the
> capabilities, which
> > i did not implement
> > 2) i need to write in my report the major
advantages my
web
> application has
> > over the others. I noe jsp/servlets are the best
around
but i cant
> quite
> > explain.
> >
> > However, some kind souls have emailed me and
explained to
me and
> help clear
> > some of my doubts.

qute
> >>some time. I noticed
> >>many bank sites, or big companies use JSP/SERVLETS
> >>for their websites. Is
> >>there a particular reason why jsp/servlets are
> >>preferred over
> >>asp/php/coldfusion? I even realise a site
> >>(dbs.com.sg)using applet textfield
> >>as their forms ... isit supposed to be more secure
> >>this way? Can someone
> >>clear my doubts? thanks
> >>

> > Why does it bug you that big companies use
servlets

=
> =     Spam : Unhealthy and High in Sodium and
Cholesterol
=

[EMAIL PROTECTED]>