The code base for mod_jk2 is a complete re-write.  mod_jk2 has greatly
improved support for connecting to Tomcat via JNI (most useful for
multi-threaded servers like IIS/Apache-2/iPlanet), and also supports using
Unix-sockets.  The request mapping (e.g. deciding if Tomcat or Apache
handles the request) has been optimized (although I'm not certain if this is
in the Beta, or only the CVS at the moment).  This is important for sites
where you would have a large number of JkMount directives with the older
mod_jk.  There are plans to add more hot-config options (e.g. deploying a
new webapp w/o having to re-start Apache).

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> so more specifically what is new in mod_jk2 ?  Is it just new features
> built on the same code base or is it a completely rewritten version?
>

> On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Robert L Sowders wrote:
>

> > Strictly an opinion thing,
> >
> > If you want a lot of help and examples with what is considered mature
code
> > the mod_jk
> > Other wise mod_jk2 has some exciting new stuff a happening.
> >
> > rls
> >

> >                       <developer@wexwar
> >                       ez.com>                  To:       Tomcat Users
List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>