There are two valves used to handle errors. The first
one is the ErrorDispatcherValve. This is the valve
that will forward the request to the error page if
there is a uncaught exception. The second valve is the
ErrorReportValve wich is the last valve on the list of
valves of a Host and is used to generate a error
report in HTML.

You don't need to add this valves by hand because they
are added by the start method of the StandardHost
implementation. If you are using other implementation
of the Host interface you must add this valves
yourself.

The exception of JSP's are stored under the attibute
'javax.servlet.jsp.jspException' of the request. But
you must access this value directly using the
'exception' variable already declared on the context
of the error page.