From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:Wendy.Smoak@;asu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 3:41 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Tomcat on HP-UX 11

> That's all.  Nothing in the log directory, no other messages on the
console.
> Everywhere else I've installed [unzipped!] Tomcat, it has just worked
> immediately, so I'm not too sure where to go looking for problems.  I
don't
> have any error messages to search the archives for, either.  Any ideas?

I have one... PATIENCE!  It took ~3 minutes to start.  I happened to hit
refresh in the browser and found that it was alive.  Still no messages on
the console, though... I usually [Win2000 & Linux] see things go flying by
as Tomcat starts up.  Aha!  Found it: logs/catalina.out

Okay, then, we seem to be in business.  Thankfully I'm not the one who has
to get the whole Apache/Tomcat/SSL thing to work. ;)

--
Wendy Smoak
http://sourceforge.net/projects/unidbtags