On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Turner, John wrote:

> Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 13:01:25 -0500
> From: "Turner, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: 'Tomcat Users List' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: System user accounts required to use manager in 4.1.12?
>

> OK, thanks for the clarification.  I will keep playing with it, and check
> out the other tools you mentioned.

As a shortcut to using the Ant-based tasks, check out the Application
Developer's Guide shipped with 4.1 -- it includes a nice template
build.xml file that defines everything you need, including the
declarations of the custom tasks and examples of their use:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/appdev/

For the Java Web Services Developer Pack release (based on Tomcat 4.1),
and the associated tutorial which includes information on using these
tasks as well as the deloytool GUI, start at:

  http://java.sun.com/webservices/

> John

Craig