Hi all!

I'm seeing some strange behavior with declarative security.  I've got
everything set up and working correctly under jboss-3.0.4_tomcat-4.1.12, when
I access a protected resource, the login page is invoked, the container goes
out to the database, looks up the user, sets up the session, and allows the
user into the protected web page.  The web page is a struts-tile, and the
menu tile has a line at the top that indicates the user that is logged in
(request.getRemoteUser()).

This works fine until I go to an unprotected part of the site.  Suddenly,
request.getRemoteUser() starts returning null!!  Is it supposed to do that?
Everything is still operational though, if I click back into a protected part
of the site, the login is not performed, tomcat lets me into the page, and
request.getRemoteUser() starts returning the username of the logged in user.

I fear this is a bug in Tomcat 4.1.x, but I just wanted to make sure there
wasn't some tricky part of the spec that I didn't know about.

Any advice appreciated, have a great weekend.

Brian