From: Abhijat Thakur
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11/12/02 9:17 PM
Subject: classpath for web applications

I am new to tomcat and i added my web application to Tomcat by adding

        <Context path="/bdna" debug="0" privileged="true"
                docBase="/usr/web/">
        </Context>
in server.xml file. My classpath environment variable is set up which
has all the classes. However when i try to invoke a servlet by typing
the URL it gives me a classNotFoundException. However the class exists
in the classpath. Tomcat expects all the class files to be under
/usr/web/WEB-INF/classes which is the docBase for the bdna Context. Is
there a way to make Tomcat look for class files in ClassPath rather than
the docBase/WEB-INF/classes for context. Am i doing something wrong?

thanks

abhijat