From: Joseph Stephen Vaithara [mailto:Josephsv@;infosys.com]
Sent: den 15 november 2002 10:34
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Trouble installing SSL on Tomcat Standalone

Hi ,

I have configured SSL for my tomcat standalone webserver. I am using a trial
VeriSign certificate. Now when I try to connect to tomcat Netscape throws
the message     "Netscape and  <my host> cannot communicate because they have
no common encryption algorithms"

Any pointers as to where the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Steps I followed to setup SSL
1) keytool -genkey -keyalg RSA -alias tomcat -keystore ./.keystore
2) keytool -certreq -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA  -file
<myhostname>.csr -keystore ./.keystore
3) Got the csr file  signed by verisign
4)  keytool -import  -alias root -trustcacerts -file
<myHostName>.crt -keystore ./.keystore
5) keytool -delete -alias tomcat  -keystore ./.keystore  (If skip this step
then the self signed certificate is used.)

Thanks
Joe

For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:tomcat-user-help@;jakarta.apache.org>