I have run accross an unusual problem.  I am running Linux and am able
to write to any directory in the same partition as "/" from a servlet or
jsp.  However, if i try and write from a servlet or jsp to a location in
any other partition on the machine (/var, /usr, /home) it fails.

I have checked, and it is not a file permission problem as i have set
the dirs to full rwx access when testing.  I am not running with the
optional -security option, so I'm ruling out catalina.policy issues as
well.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this, it's been driving
me craxy for the last day.

Thanks in advance for any help,
   Brendon

--