The HOW-TO is correct...though it's not clear exactly why.  Typically, each
Tomcat instance has one Connector configured, and there is typically one
worker configured to connect to it.

For example, in a load-balancing scenario, Tomcat-A has a Connector on port
8009, as does Tomcat-B.  There would be two workers, however:

worker.tomcat-a.host=tomcat-a.domain.com
worker.tomcat-b.host=tomcat-b.domain.com

So yes, I guess you could say one Tomcat = one worker, as there really isn't
any point in doing this:

worker.tomcat-a.host=tomcat-a.domain.com
worker.tomcat-b.host=tomcat-a.domain.com

HTH

John