From: Lee Grey [mailto:leegrey@;mindspring.com]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 3:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: PoolTcpConnector not found?

When I try to start Tomcat, catalina.out says:

Nov 15, 2002 3:10:50 PM org.apache.commons.digester.Digester startElement
SEVERE: Begin event threw exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader
.java:992)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader
.java:857)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCreateRule.java:252
).....

I think this happened because I moved <Connector> to before <Engine> in
server.xml, per an article I found at onjava.com.  The beginning of
server.xml is:

  <!-- Define an Apache-Connector Service -->

  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

    <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
      <Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler"/>
      <Parameter name="port" value="8009"/>
    </Connector>

    <Engine name="Apache" defaultHost="www.urlinone.com" debug="0">

So, I'm not sure if I've gone forward or backward.  Have I just uncovered
the next problem on the road to getting this working, or have I broken
something?  Tomcat was starting up before, with the same <Connector>
definition, but now that I moved it in front of <Engine>, it won't start.
Where should PoolTcpConnector be?  My classpath is
CLASSPATH=.:/usr/local/java/lib:/var/tomcat4/common/lib/servlet.jar.

Thanks,
Lee