1. I have 3 versions of Tomcat, 2 are "associated" with Jbuilder.
    These 2 versions start off and give me an error described below. The
point to note is that the command window(dos) in which I  run it stays and
does not disappear.

2. Downloaded a version of Tomcat , the  port for which I have chosen as
8000. I have tried starting it from startup.bat and catalina.bat run
options.

In all cases above 1 and 2 , Tomcat is starting off - that is 100% sure. (I
can see http://localhost:portno/ page). In case 1 the tomcat server window
stays on the screen. In case 2 it disappears but I can see it is running as
a process after doing CTRL-ALT-DELETE for windows XP.

The exceptions in all cases is similar :-
Why is this exception coming and how can I remove it.

So my questions are :-
1. How do I remove the exception below.
2. In CASE 2 above, while running tomcat server ,why does the does window
not remain on screen and  disappear ( something like "echo on" should make
it remain,not go as a background process, I have tried catalina.bat start
also, Funnily the Tomcat servers with JBuilder remain on screen , this is
imp for jsp debugging later on and System.out.printlns etc . )

Thanks
Tript Singh

I am copying pasting the exception below:-

C:\Tomcat4\Tomcat 4.1\bin>catalina.bat run
Using CATALINA_BASE:   ..
Using CATALINA_HOME:   ..
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: ..\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       c:\j2sdk1.4.1
Nov 17, 2002 12:44:00 PM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry loadRegistry
INFO: Loading registry information
Nov 17, 2002 12:44:00 PM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry getRegistry
INFO: Creating new Registry instance
Nov 17, 2002 12:44:01 PM org.apache.commons.modeler.Registry getServer
INFO: Creating MBeanServer
Nov 17, 2002 12:44:02 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8000
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
:268)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.init(Http11Protocol.java:150)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.initialize(CoyoteConnector.java:10
02)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:579
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java:2245)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:509)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization failed:
java.net.BindException
 Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8000
LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization failed:
java.net.BindException: Address alread
 in use: JVM_Bind:8000
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.initialize(CoyoteConnector.java:10
04)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:579
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java:2245)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:509)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
Catalina.stop: LifecycleException:  This server has not yet been started
LifecycleException:  This server has not yet been started
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:2212)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:541)