There are many Jakarta committers that have successfully made a "go" of it
by having their own Server-Side consulting firms (but I'm not one of them
:).

As every one here should know, Tomcat is not a J2EE container.  For an OS
J2EE container that uses Tomcat for its Servlet/JSP, see
http://www.jboss.org/.

"Steve R Burrus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> Well, I really haven't bothered to post to this newsgroup in quite some
time, but
> I just had to proudly announce to anyone interested that I HAVE
SUCCESSFULLY
> INSTALLED TOMCAT!!! This is the 4.1.12 version that I am now talking
about! Any
> possible signs of appreciation from anyone in this newsgroup to that
"dramatic
> news" [-sic] would be greatly welcomed by myself!!!
>
>  Well, with that said, I would like to know just how exactly I start to go
about
> creating the components of the J2EE API, i.e., Servlets and Java Server
Pages in
> the Tomcat web container?! I would bet--if I were a betting man--that it's
> rather "tricky" proposition to do so!! Am I wrong? I just know that
someone out
> there in this newsgroup will send me the hyperlink to access all of the
relevant
> information that I need to learn about to create these. I developed the
thought
> some time ago in my mind to start to develop the components of server-side
Java