On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Brandon Cruz wrote:

> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:12:50 -0600
> From: Brandon Cruz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: Is anyone using manager for virtual hosts? (Help Please!!!)
>
> Still can't get this working, I have tried to use context definition, put
> web.xml in the hosts appBase, and every other type of configuration
> possible.  The only way I can get it to work is if the appBase for the
> virtual host is set to "webapps", which does not work since there are other
> applications in the users host directory.
>
> All I need is a way to restart web applications for virtual hosts.  I can do
> this from one place, from each virtual host independently, or any other way
> possible.  Does anyone do this successfully with tomcat 4.1.12 right now?
>
> I keep getting the exception saying that it can't load a priveleged servlet.

I know it doesn't help much, but this works for me :-).  The guaranteed
way to receive this message is if you have privileged="true" on the
<Context> element for the Manager webapp in each <Host> element.  If
you've got that right, there must be something else wierd going on, and it
will take seeing your actual server.xml file (this won't have anything to
do with web.xml).

> Brandon

Craig