With several hours of serious hacking in the ant build.xml files I was actually able
to get jk2 to build on freebsd.  Now my problem is that it won't load in apache2.  I
get the following error :

(23:05:33 </>) 0 # apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 276 of /usr/local/etc/apache2/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_jk2.so into server:
/usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_jk2.so: Undefined symbol "pthread_mutex_unlock"

I can't find a pthread.so on my system.  Does apache really need pthreads?  If so do I
need to rebuild apache2 in with some different build parameters?

Any help would really be appreciated.  I'm sooooo close.

Thanx
Warren Roberts