"Craig R. McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

> On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Jeovanny Mejia wrote:
>
> > Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 01:32:01 +0000
> > From: Jeovanny Mejia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: Tomcat 3.3 , JNDI, DataSource, Web.xml, Server.xml
> >
> > Does anyone know how to get a DataSource configured in the Server.xml
file,
> > reference it in the web.xml as a resource, and pull the DataSource using
> > JNDI in an external application?
> >
> > I am stumped.
> >

> AFAIK the JNDI resources stuff is not supported by Tomcat 3.3.  You should
> still be able to use things like PoolMan within a webapp, configuring them
> as described in the docs.

Craig is correct: Tomcat 3.3 is only a Servlet/JSP container.  It doesn't
add the JNDI resources stuff.  From some of the things going on in the
Tomcat development, this may change in the future, but I would doubt that it
would be before 3.3.3 (which is +2 from the current release).

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

> For 4.1, there are also some specific examples for data sources:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-how
to.html