I am running Tomcat 4.0.6 on Solaris. We are getting complaints of
session timeouts from users. Looking around I found the "Default Session
Configuration" section of the web.xml in the /conf directory. The app is
in its own context defined by its own web.xml.

So my question is: does the web.xml inherit the values from the web.xml
in the /conf directory (let us call it the "main" web.xml)? Or are the
default values listed in the main web.xml the default values for ALL
other contexts if they are not explicitely changed in the other
contexts?

Thanks,

Ben Ricker
Wellinx.com