Hi

I am a newbie and having problems with mysql connector. I download the mysql-connector-java-2.0.14-bin.jar and put the file in the C:\j2sdk1.4.0_02\jre\lib\ext as the readme file instructed. But when I tried to run a jsp file with content:

<%@ page language="java" import="java.sql.*" %>
<%
Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").newInstance();
%>

I get the internal server error:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Can anyone help me by telling me what I did wrong?

My system is Windows 2000 Professional system with Service Pack 3 and IE6(SP1) installed. I set the Tomcat to run at port 80 and having no problem viewing the site via http://localhost. The Tomcat version is 4.1.12.

Many thanks in advance.

Evelin

PS: I also tried following and got similar problems.
<%@ page language="java" import="java.sql.*" %>
<%
Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver");
%>