The charset support in 3.3.1 is actually very amazing, given the limitations
of the Servlet 2.2 Spec (the principal author is an iso-latin-2 person).

Firstly, Tomcat 3.3.1 will attempt to remember the last charset (in the
session) that was used for the last output page.  Since almost all browsers
will send back parameters using this encodings, this works in 99/100 cases.
When this fails, you can set the request attribute:
request.setAttribute("charset", "GB2312") before the request parameters are
parsed. (This works the same way as the 2.3 Spec
'request.setCharacterEncoding').