-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 12:25 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: serverside include

Hello,
Is there anyhting like a server side inlcude that is loaded into
memory when the server starts, making variables specified in the include
file accessible? Or is what I am trying to acheive (in previous posts) - session or application to be loaded when the server is started - the nearest solution to this? I have seen documentation to have a <jsp:include, but
I can't see how variables within the servlet would be accessible from any other page? Any thoughts?
Thanks
Paul.

"WorldSecure Server <safeway.com>" made the following
annotations on 11/26/02 08:52:58
Warning: All e-mail sent to this address will be received by the Safeway corporate e-mail system, and is subject to archival and review by someone other than the recipient. This e-mail may contain information proprietary to Safeway and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately.

Hello Paul, if u use a parallel directory and "bean" class files w/ setter/getter methods u can persist variable information in the bean file and then retrieve the information in a jsp once the the server has changed pages. example directory tree follows. hope this helps, david.
$TOMCAT_HOME

/webapps

/<app_context>

/WEB-INF

/classes

/com

/<app_context>
/\
/ \
/web /beans
where ur servelets r under web and ur bean class files r under beans.