Hi all,
  I am facing weird tomcat issue.
  (WinMe, jdk1.3.1_04, tomcat 4.1.12)

  **With embedded tomcat
  If I startup tomcat using the below command:
  Start javaw -classpath %CLASSPATH% EmbeddedTomcat
  where no dos window retained, it can't display GB2312 character properly
( I only see ???? )

  But if I startup tomcat with this command:
  java -classpath %CLASSPATH% syabas.ihome.EmbeddedTomcat
  where dos window retained, all GB2312 characters displayed properly!

  **With original tomcat
  The same problem seems to be happen to the original tomcat,
jakarta-tomcat-4.1.12.zip
  In catalina.bat
  set _EXECJAVA=start "Tomcat" %_RUNJAVA%
  GB2312 characters displayed correctly
  But
  set _EXECJAVA=start "Tomcat" %_RUNJAVAW%
  GB2312 characters become ?????

Regards,
Peik Feng