Luca Ventura wrote:
Hello everybody!

I need some answers about Tomcat 5:
It is in "deep development" phase.

1) Is it Tomcat 5 available?
That depends. It is not in Alpha testing phase, AFAIK, but in development phase.

2) If yes, i it possibile to downalod it?
Hmm, should be on Jakarta Site or via CVS. But it's nowhere near production phase.

3) Is it possible to forward requests from IIS 5 to Tomcat 5 using an ISAPI
filter
(as I do in Tomcat 4.x)? If yes, can I find the ISAPI filter to use?
Unknown to me.

4) Is Tomcat 5 more stable and than Tomcat 4.x? Has it better performance?
It will implement new specifications of Servlet 2.4 and JSP 2.0 API. Most likely it will have better performance, but stability always comes through time and testing. Meaning, Tomcat5 has still a length to go.

Nix.