hey thanx alot,
that was the problem I just needed to put my classes in a package and then call them.
by the way i need a little more help
I have to use some jar files in my classes, where should i put those jar files or
where to specify path for that

thanx again
NItesh
 micael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:I assume you have put your classes in
packages? If not, I have heard
things that lead me to think that may be a problem. I always use packages,
so I would not know what the issues are.

Micael

At 01:24 PM 11/27/2002 -0800, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have installed Apache-Tomcat 4.1.12 and its running its demo jsp and
>servlets fine. But while running my own jsp in which i instantiate an
>object it gives 404. I don't know where exactly to place the class files.
>
>Right now I have made a WEB-INF directory and a classes directory in
>between that, where i have places the classes. but its not picking it up.
>
>also in the server.xml i have made the entry
>
> > path="/abcd" docBase="webapps/abcd"
> crossContext="true" debug="0" reloadable="true"
> trusted="false" >
>
>Can some body suggest the exact steps to be taken to get this thing
>configured.
>
>Thanx
>
>Nitesh

Micael

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying documents contain
privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the
information contained in this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this transmission in error, please delete the message. Thank you