Hi,
        In my quest to be able to parse a 10 line XML file in a JSP
(notice the sarcasm there?) and extract an element value, I have come
accross a few PDFs that talk of custom tags - and for the purposes of XML,
a taglib directive. In several examples I saw <%@ taglib uri="..."
prefix="tl" %> and syntax such as <tl:parse id=...". Can anyone shed some
light on this please? What is 'uri'? Presuming it was a path to my XML
file I plugged in - <%@ taglib uri="myfile.xml" prefix="tl" %>, hoping I
could parse it and extract elements using <tl:parse id=.... etc. Supplying
the XML file below, I was given the error in the browser:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: XML parsing error on file /myfile.xml:
(line 3, col -1): Element type "books" is not declared.

<books>

    <book isbn="123">
        <title>1</title>
        <quantity>10</quantity>
        <price>$17.95</price>
    </book>

</books>

What have I stumbled upon? Am i way off thinking I can use this syntax to
parse my XML file? What is the significance of the error displayed?

Thanks very much

paul.