-----Mensagem original-----
De: Patrick Kosiol [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 29 de novembro de 2002 10:18
Para: Tomcat Users List
Assunto: Servlet and Applet working in Tomcat 4.0.4 standalone

Hi,

I am using the Tomcat 4.0.4 as a standalone-server. Esspecially because JBuilder7 supports Servlet debugging.
OK.
I have an webApplication that includes a client- and a server-directory (package). The server-dir contains the Servlet-Class and the client-dir contains the client, of course. This client is a java.applet and does work fine (it is startet through out a html-page). But my problem is to connect to the servlet.
I have also tried to put the .war file into the %CATALINA_HOME%/webapps - folder and added the Lines
"<!-- TOMCAT Bfpl-Context --> <Context path="/myApp" docBase="myApp" debug="0" reloadable="true" />" into the server.xml.
So the .war - File should be extracted at the next start of Tomcat. But that doesn't work What am I doing wrong?
An other question is: "How do I connect from an Applet or a java.frame (opened by the applet) to this servlet. What the adress of the servlet?

So my Applet is working fine but I do not get a connection to the servlet, so I cannot get my data from the webserver. :-(

I hope anyone can help me. thx

Patrick