Hi,

I installed Tomcat 3.3.1, win2K server with IIS

I followed the IIS HowTo and did all the additional IIS setup to have IIS redirect
jsp/servlets to tomcat (started tomcat with jkconf option, generated the
isapi_redirect.properties files in conf/auto, created Jakarta virtual directory on
isapi_redirect.dll, restarted tomcat, etc)

I have a simple test1.jsp with content:

<% String thispage="test1.jsp"; %>
this page is <%=thispage %>

I am able to see a "this page is test1.jsp" when I do:

http://webapps2/examples/test1.jsp

http://webapps2/admin/test2.jsp

but when I try to see it in the web app that I set up (which is not not under
c:\tomcat\webapps)
I don't get to see the jsp part (I only see "this page is")

http://webapps2/i1440/test1.jsp

"i1440" is a virtual directory that points to a directory path
F:\i1440root\opt\i1440\webapps\i1440

this directory has a WEB-INF under it, and a web.xml is inside this WEB-INF directory.

At this point, the content of web.xml is very simple:

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd";>
<web-app>
   <description>JHU iTrack</description>
</web-app>

also, the content of c:\tomcat\conf\apps-i1440.xml is

<webapps>
   <Context path="/i1440"
            docBase="F:/i1440root/opt/i1440/webapps/i1440"
            debug="0"
            trusted="true"
                reloadable="true">
  </Context>
</webapps>

Why am I doing wrong? why am I not able to see a test1.jsp under my i1440 web app? is
tehre a restriction in Tomcat that your webapp needs to be under c:\tomcat\webapps  ?

Thanks in advance for your help
Cecilia