Jasper Dammann writes:
Hello,
where can I get basic-information about Windows NT Authentication and
Tomcat. I read the Tomcat Documentation JNDI-Resource HOW-TO and REALM
HOW-TO, but I didn’t understand for example how to configure the Windows NT
Server to run Tomcat with Windows NT Authentication …
thanks for help,
Jasper

Hello Jasper, the actual os should not matter. what matters is ur http server. i'm running a linux box w/ apache http server that talks to tomcat. though possible, apache can run on nt but it seems many people elect to run ms iis. iis presents its own set of problems: 1) more difficult to config w/ tomcat. 2) to run a publicly accessible server u will have to run a firewall router appliance like a cisco router because nt/win2k/xp have no built-in firewall protection that is reliable. also, iis is one of the most security compromised servers on the planet. check out ur local isp running linux or solaris servers and take a look at their syslog logs to see the amount of compromised iis servers running that r looking for more platforms to compromise. also, the cisco tcp stack has flaws that r easily compromised if the router is not configured correctly. finally, look at: http://www.netcraft.net/survey/. hope this helps, david.