Paul Caton,

The error message your getting is because of the fact that "response.setContentType()"
doesn't return anything.  You used "<%= %>" in your jsp, which needs an Object or a
primitive inbewteen those brackets.  Your jsp is then going to call toString() on that
Object (or just blithely print the primitive) and make that part of your webpage.

Since "response.setContentType()" doesn't return anything, there is no Object to call
toString() on, or no primitive to blithely print!

Try "<% %>" instead.  Omit the equals sign.  Don't forget to put a semicolon at the
end.

yours,

Julius Davies, Programmer, CUCBC
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED], Ph: 604.730.6385

Code inside "<%= %>" should never end with a semicolon.

Code inside "<% %>" needs semicolons at the end of each line.