Hi all.

We solved the problem with tomcat ignoring all grants for individual user
sites. It was a pure RTFM.
For every user site, a unique context is created on startup (as seen in
tomcat.log on debug level)

There is a outcommented line in the server.xml which has to be activated:

<!-- ContextInterceptor
className="org.apache.tomcat.context.PolicyInterceptor" -->

After activating the line it should look like this:

<ContextInterceptor className="org.apache.tomcat.context.PolicyInterceptor"
/>

After that, tomcat actually assigns the permissions granted in the
tomcat.policy to the individual user sites.

thanx for your all your help on this group,

J.P.Jarolim

P.S.: Keywords for other googlers like me:

tomcat ignoring ignore tomcat.policy grant java server.xml security manager
FilePermission java.security.AccessControlException secure security sun
cobalt