WARP (mod_webapp) is deprecated.  Moving to it would be going backwards and
cause you to possibly redo things in the future.

JK cannot start Tomcat.  JK2 apparently can, though I have no experience
with JK2, I use JK, and even then I am not certain that the in-process
portions of JK2 work on Windows.

If you want to run Tomcat as a service, see:
http://www.mattkelli.com/tech/tomcat/ntservice.htm

Also, the archives can be found here, the "Tomcat as NT Service" question
comes up just about daily:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user

John