Paul Tomsic writes:
When I stop/start tomcat 4.1.12, I'm getting the
following error:
Exception loading sessions from persistent storage
java.io.WriteAbortedException: Writing aborted by
exception; java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.xerces.util.DOMErrorHandlerWrapper
it doesn't seem to prevent tomcat from starting, but
it's troubling, none-the-less.
how can I fix this?
thanks,
Paul
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello Paul, in case u don't get an answer from the gurus, as a shot in the dark, take a look at your server.xml file. in this file their is an application context defined "out-of-the-box" called /examples. this webapp can use a PersistentManager if it has been uncommented. read this carefully and u will know what to look for. 4 example i'm using the /manager webapp that uses the PersistentManager and the important attribute in this context is: saveOnRestart="true". this may be a source of ur problems. also, u have not specified tc version, os type/version, platform, hardware, network and other myriad of services and conditions deployed that may help shed light on ur problem and will help to get the attention of the gurus. hope this helps, david.