I'm not sure if that problem is connected to mod_jk2.
There are four ways for session tracking.
SSL, hidden form fields, url rewriting or cookies.
Tomcat can use certain methods mostly transparent if necessary e.g. if cookies are
disabled then url rewriting is in use.
I guess your session info should be lost whenever you use static html files at least
if you don't allow cookies.
Why not take jsp pages instead as they maintain the session info. As far as I know
there's no safe way to mix jsp/servlet sessions with static ressources.
Only with cookies I could imagine that it stays persistent, but I guess you get into
trouble because cookies are set in the https headers before any response is generated,
thus they can never be set by any included page.

mech