Paul Tomsic wrote:

What I believe is causing the error is the fact that
we're using JNDI for db connection pooling.
I've had to put all of the <ResourceParams
name="jdbc/connection">
and related tags for the connection pooling into the GlobalNamingResources element of server.xml as opposed
to a context tag.

Not sure. From the exception, seems you are trying to persist a DOM object, or something related to XML. Is one of your object contains a reference to JAXP?

The reason that I put it in there, is because we're
using "ant reload" to reload the context of our
application.  The ant install task doesn't deploy a
WAR or set a context.  There's no explicit <context>
tag for our application.
Is it these items (the jndi values) that's causing
this error?

I don't think it's related. Can you include the full stacktrace of the exception?

-- Jeanfrancois

Where should I be putting the parameters for these if
I can't put them into a context tag?

thanks,
paul

Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 11:41:16 -0500 From: "Jeanfrancois Arcand" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Tomcat Users List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: exception loading sessions from
persistent storage?

Could you give exactly what you are doing? What are
you serializing in your session? Please give more information :-)

-- Jeanfrancois

Paul Tomsic wrote:

When I stop/start tomcat 4.1.12, I'm getting the
following error:

Exception loading sessions from persistent storage
java.io.WriteAbortedException: Writing aborted by
exception; java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.xerces.util.DOMErrorHandlerWrapper

it doesn't seem to prevent tomcat from starting, but
it's troubling, none-the-less.

how can I fix this?

thanks,
Paul