So in summary, if I read you right, you are saying that java processes can
not fork kids that run under another UID as the parent process?

If that is true, this whole situation sux ass and it should not be
possible to run Tomcat as ROOT at all which would force people to use a
port mapper for privileged ports. Has this been changed in Tomcat versions
later than 4.0.x??

Mvh

KR
Follow cigar smoke, find fat man there....

Tim Funk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
05.12.2002 13:24
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"