This has come up quite often in the past.  Search the archives for
JkUriSet.  When using apache/modssl make sure you use IP based virtual
hosts.

rls

"Madere, Colin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
12/08/2002 08:00 PM
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

        To:     'Tomcat Users List' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: JK and multiple virtual hosts on Apache (repost)

Thanks for the input, but I don't want any port numbers in the URLs for a
number of reasons.  Hence my use of the JK connector (that and only
wanting
to set up SSL through Apache and not Tomcat).

I'm quite surprised no one else on this list has a setup similar to what
I'm
doing....

Apache

> >> What I want to do:
> >>
> >> Have any requests for apps running on Tomcat from any of the 4
virtual
> >> hosts
> >> to be redirected to the same Tomcat instance.  This is mainly for
> >> simplicity
> >> since I will be using Tomcat Realms for login to determine what to do
> for
> >> user in the app based on role.  If I have to do 4 virtual hosts in
> Tomcat,
> >> then let me know :)
> >>
> >> Is the "correct" way to make this work with JK to create 4
<Connector>
> >> instances at, say, ports 8009-8012 in my tomcat server.xml, then set
up
> 4
> >> JK
> >> workers in "workers.properties" with each respective virtual host's
> domain
> >> name and redirection port?  Or is there some way to use a single
> >> connector?
> >> (I'm guessing NOT the latter due to the port probably being bound by
> the
> >> connector process)
> >>
> >> Having said this and if my former idea is the "correct" way, for the
JK
> >> connector entry in my Tomcat server.xml, is the "redirectPort"
> arbitrarily
> >> chosen?  I have 8443 in for my single connector/site/host setup,
would
> >> simply use 8443-8446?
> >>
> >> Any input on this setup appreciated.
> >>

> >> --
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >

> Hello Colin, i'm unsure about advising on this because i'm running the
> non-threading apache 1.3.27. i have a very similar setup as u describe
> that
> works 4 me: i have 4 virtual hosts running on the public wire plus a dns

> server. the virtual hosts 4 defined in apache only w/ all https
JDBCRealm