--- "Craig R. McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> To do a redirect filter, then, you'd examine the
> request URI to determine
> what kind of remapping is needed, and then do a
> RequestDispatcher.forward() call to the remapped
> resource name.  After the
> forward returns (which means that the actual
> response has been created),
> simply return instead of calling chain.doFilter() to
> pass the request on.

I am looking for various scenarios where
RequestDispatcher is used. When I searched the list, I
noticed that it can be used in a Servlet too. What
then is the difference between using it in a Filter
and using it in servlet? Can I just use it in the
Servlet to serve my purpose(of serving static
content)?

Thank you
rf.